Old 12-10-19, 10:42 AM
firebird854

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Tarmac Expert

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
It may be a hike for you to go do one, but USAC does do hill climb TT's in some mountain areas. They do one in Asheville NC or nearby each year. You'd destroy that!

Also, it seems like it isn't the ftp around here, or how much you weigh. It's all about how many watts you can do for around 1 to 3 minutes and repeat a few times.

That's why on my super minimal training time I can finish mid-pack and front 1/3.....I do a ton of hiit work on a time crunch schedule. So, I've really good 30sec to 3min power for a 4/5 but my hour power lags really far behind. But, I'm trying to improve that this off season.

My power curve from sprint to hour goes down hard after about 8min. Then again down hard after 20min. People with more time on their hands, and more base in the engine, that curve tapers off a little slower. So it seems.
Sounds like all sorts of fun, wish we had events like that here... I'm gearing up for long-distance this year though, goals like a successful Everesting, a moderately fast 300mi ride... even taking up running (if I could get that anywhere near my cycling ability it'd be awesome because skills like cornering, being in a group, etc. are far less of a concern).