View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 05:21 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,747 Times in 1,017 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Proud new owner of a 2021 FX Sport 6. Love the bike but find the saddle too firm even with proper bike shorts. Looking for suggestions that aren't too heavy.
Congrats on the bike. You might look at the Bontrager Verse saddle. I started using them about 6 months ago and really find them super comfortable and they are not heavy. My wife also found the stock saddle on her FX4 really not to her liking and I moved her to a Verse and after long rides for her, 15 and 20 miles, she said she was quite happy with it. I use the 135mm, she uses the 145mm. The good thing with the Bontrager saddles, they have a 30 day return. See if the shop will swap the saddle or give you a discount on the Verse. I use the Elite and she has the Comp.

I also like the fact that you can mount a taillight off the back and have enough space to have a saddle bag.

Edit, the bracket off the saddle is extra charge...like $5 or something. The dude at the bike shop had an extra one and let me have it.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 04-19-21 at 06:15 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr: