Old 06-27-21, 12:55 AM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by AlbatrossWheeld
Hopefully people can point the way. I'm just getting back into bikes so I haven't repaired or bought one in a long time. Up to 25 years ago I used to do a lot with bikes, was able to put it all together on my own and make modification. but there's been a lot of changes since then. Back then I rode mountain, hybrid, and touring bikes, but now I want a cruiser. I've been doing some reading online and have a starting plan for what I want, but I figure first off I need to figure out what route to take to my goal. So far it looks like I can't just order such a specific bike as I have in mind. I'd appreciate insight as to how to reach my goal, if it's attainable. Right now I'm guessing since I'm not up to date on brands & what fits what I have to buy a pre-assembled bike that has as many of the main attributes as I can get, and then do modifications from there?... One of my problems is that several of the attributes I want are not quite cruiser attributes.

If it helps I'll list what I have in mind: Maybe someone has suggestions for what to buy, where to buy, what wouldn't work, etc.

Cruiser style frame; mens; kinda flexible as far as where upper bars go.

Aluminum. (not typically a cruiser metal)

Paint: A really nice dark royal blue. I haven't seen it on assembled order options, so it might have to be a special project.

Back sweeping handlebars.

7 Speeds. (It's hilly where I live)

Hand brakes. (not back pedal)

Wheels: I'm leaning toward Chrome OverSpoke 26-in wheels, but I haven't heard of them on a straight cruiser frame, only on low-rider frames)

Tires: Maxxis Hookworms, 26-in x 2.5-in. (I want & need smooooth rolling with decent grip)

I'm not worried about the seat right now.

I don't want front suspension.

Thanks for your insight.
IMHO Look into the Electra 7D. It comes int steel or aluminum, 7speeds, hand brakes and with smooth tires. Everything is customizable Tons of options.