Old 06-28-21, 12:31 AM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
I get your issues with pain. I have arthritis and my knees couldnt handle trying to grind a single speed or the back pedaling of the coaster brake.

Here's a link for the 7D.
https://electra.trekbikes.com/us/en_...lorCode=bronze

Personally I like the feel of steel and I didn't think the aluminum frame and the seat upgrade were worth the $150 up charge. IMHO the few pounds more the steel weighs than the aluminum frame is only going to be felt if you're lifting the bike up and down. The gearing is low with the mega range freewheel making for easy starts and hills and its super smooth.I wont lie the base seat is not very comfortable and I replaced mine with a Brooks B135. Edit actually just swapped the Brooks B135 (put it on my Fatty) with a B33. its a little wider at the rear and cushier.

I know you were looking at Blue and this model only comes in matte black or a Matte Bark (bronze-ish) but it does look really good. They have a blue in a step through model which also might work as well. The Townies, also made by Electra come in a wider assortment of Colos and gearing. I was thempted to get the Path 9 but just like the look of the Cruiser frame. The Townies also get really good reviews.

Last edited by JehD; 06-28-21 at 11:28 AM.
Likes For JehD: