rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 5,649 Times in 2,924 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Anyone, especially an alter kacker, who wants to train or just ride at a competitive or quasi-competitive level—which necessarily means some amount of high intensity work—needs a reliable physiological measure (biomarker) of stress, e.g. HRV, or the rare ability to introspect accurately and honestly about their physiological state. Because overtraining is what most of us will do and, yes, it might shorten our lives. On the other hand, so might conservative training and fast is fun.
Crotchety old man? Evidently Yiddish. Had to look that up since nothing about those words made sense to a gentile.

My understanding is that if you have an elevated heart rate in the morning before caffeine, versus your normal base line, that is a pretty sure sign you over did it the day before - or else you may be severely dehydrated or both! My test is walking up a flight of stairs and if my legs don’t hurt by the last two stairs or dragging the garbage can up our steep driveway and regretting it. Then there is also a quick heart rate check before coffee.