Old 10-23-14, 04:47 PM
walksomemore

Bikes: Masi Premiare, Trek 520, '01 Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
The diamond bike will make a fine tourer as is pretty much. I dunno if I'd go to the trouble of fitting drops to it. I would get a "zippy" road bike though. Given how much you're riding, you'll enjoy it. Try to find a bike that takes long reach side pulls so that you can fit a little fatter tire (say a 700 x 28c) and which has wide ranging gearing.
You're right - I'm gonna go look at zippies this weekend. I am lusting after a Lynskey Pelaton or 255 right now - a little wider tire geometry to take up to 28's, similar to a chromo feel, and very comfy, but also very pricey (remember, my first 10-speed - my pride and joy in 1972 - was only $80.00). I also found a 2013 Masi Premiare(?) in my size for about a third of retail - all carbon and 105 equipped throughout - I may pull the triggger on that one this weekend.

I don't believe it'll be as nice a road ride as Ti, but it'll be half the money......

...... so, you're from Middle Earth......... I've been there. It's in the Joyce Kilmer Wilderness, right here in western North (by Gawd) Carolina......still looking for the ring.

Thanks!!!