Old 05-26-22, 02:22 PM
Nacho.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Propane Torch Set-Up

Hi all,

this is my very first post in this forum, but I´ve been profiting from the really good information for some time now.
So I have a few rookie questions, that I wasn´t able to find in the other posts. I´m planning to run a Propane + Oxygen Concentrator set up with a Harris 19-6 Torch. Together with the Torch I have Tips #2 #4 #5 #6 and a H Tip which is for heating up larger pieces.
The Harris 19-6 Torch comes already with check valves. I wanted to add extra safety and instead of having the check valves, just have flashback arrestors directly attached to the torch. My hose is not particularly long, but in case of any issue with this I won´t have my hose flying around spitting fire if something happens.
My local gas shop said I could use the same ones that I have for my regulators, as they are "bidirectional", but then the gas flow direction is in this case the opposite. Is this ok? Otherwise, I´d just keep the check valves.

The other question I have is regarding Oxygen Concentrators. I can only find 5L Concentrators that are affordable, the 10L ones are just too pricy. Is that enough volume, or better, do those build enough pressure? I guess either 5L or 10L would work at the same pressure, but just to be sure.

Thanks!