View Single Post
Old 05-26-22, 10:58 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
What is going on with the T47? I thought that was supposed to fix all the press-fit problems. Also, didn't Chris King introduce it? Why not upgrade to that? (Nothing against Hambini and his fetching personality, but they are a bit £££).
I was riding one day, got caught in the rain and while riding home, I got the sensation of grinding as I pedaled. When I cleaned the bike up, I noticed a lot of grease on the BB bearing shell and frame. After I pulled the crank, the bearing felt like it was nothing but rocks in it on the drive side. I replaced the bearings and just out of caution, I checked them after 500 miles or so, the drive side bearing was not as smooth as the non drive, seemed very gritty, but not like the original bearing issue. I rode another 100, kept and eye on it, but I could feel it grinding now. Pulled the crank, noticed a little grease starting to show up seem between seals. The bike shop gave me another set of bearings just to be sure, and same issue. All told, less than 2k, and 3 sets of bearings.

I decided it was not worth it and ordered the BBInfinite and it has been smooth as silk for almost 2000 miles now. Price wise, they are about the same as Hambini, but I got BBInfinite in 3 days as they are not that far me.

Brian

Likes For jaxgtr: