View Single Post
Old 10-05-22, 07:04 AM
nenad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Fountain
Just to add to the story: I have a 1991 Colnago Super SL that was a professional Belgian team bike - 'Collstrop Isoglass' in the original colour. This team only used these Colnago's for the one year - 1991 so I have no real problem dating the frame. My only question could be that the frame may have been a 1990 version enabling the team to be 'up and running' for the 1991 season. originally it had a Suntour Superbe Pro groupset.

Notice the rear brake cable is routed through the top tube and both entry and exit holes are on the top of the top tube.
What a wonderful bike, no wonder people go crazy about Colnagos and Campagnolo equipment.

Well, here's Colnago catalog from 1989:
https://saarf.london/2017/01/01/coln...-1989-catalog/

And there's Colnago Super SL and Super Sprint both as complete bikes and frames (if you save images to your computer you will be able to zoom in).

Here's what it says for Super SL frame:
Columbus SL tubing * top tube with inner cable guide for cable or rear brake * tapered chainstays Colnago design * front derailleur braze-on boss * investment cast fork crown, dropouts and BB shell * BB shell with internal cable guide * chromed fork, dropouts, head lugs and R.H. chainstay

And this is info for Super Sprint:
Columbus SL Cromor tubing * top tube with inner cable guide for cable or rear brake * tapered chainstays Colnago design * front derailleur braze-on boss * investment cast fork crown * chromed fork, dropouts, head lugs and R.H. chainstay

So, the top tubes are the same for both frames. Super SL has BB shell with internal cable guide which Super Sprint apparently does not. Could you take a picture of it? I assume rear spacing on your bike is 126 mm.
Also, notice that Super Sprint as a complete bike has Columbus sticker (it is SL Cromor if you zoom in, you will see it) while the Super Sprint frame set does not (!).

The complete bike pages in the catalog answer what groups the frames came with so we do get some clarity there.
Likes For nenad: