Old 08-21-06, 10:00 PM
joevella

Bikes: Leader 730R TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalai
Spinergy Rev X's are not the worlds lightest wheels. Claimed weights 700c Clincher was 1830g and tubular 1812g. Add tires, tubes etc it all adds up. Check out http://www.damonrinard.com/weights.htm#wheels

To be honest, unless your TT's / Tri's are very hilly or super technical courses, I wouldn't be too concerned.

PS. where are the pics?
I'm waiting for the seat to come in - too embarassed with the seat from my hybrid on there - just couldnt keep looking at it instead of riding it. Hopefully i'll be able to get it from the LBS tomorrow night. He had it in last week, but hasn't unpacked his shipments.. that's another thread. Will definitely post the pics.

Thanks for the excellent weight resource - though I can't be too unhappy about the weight of the wheels, as there didn't seem to be much difference except for a few standouts. Lighter than the 3 spoke HED's for sure..

It's quite hilly around here ( hence the alpine gearing.. ). Once I make it past 18km, then I have some flat territory for another 30km. I've been out of the sport for 20 years, so I'm riding outbound like a TT and taking it easy going back. So far about 36km/h average outbound. Maybe I'll do the 50km this weekend - the flat section might pick up my average. In truth, I have been thrilled with the bike since I got it dialed in, until I weighed it the other day.