Old 05-08-20, 10:35 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4744 Post(s)
Liked 3,861 Times in 2,510 Posts
Originally Posted by 63rickert
Back in day of the 1049 and 1049/a crank Campagnolo had a real simple policy. It breaks, we replace it. Didn’t matter if part had been raced, didn’t matter if part had been crashed. No questions, no problems. Those of you who never availed yourself of this policy will have a different view of Campy than those of us who knew.

Second time I broke a crank the exchange was made direct with Othon. I handed him a broken left crank, he handed me a complete crankset. Rings, bolts, BB, the whole thing. “But Othon, only the one arm broke.” Othon replied “Tullio loves you. You ride your bike so much you break cranks. You are the best advertisement Tullio could ever dream of. Take the cranks.” This of course rasped through the trach’ hole together with wreaths of Pall Mall smoke.

Now do you understand brand loyalty?
I broke two NR track hub flanges riding them year 'round on commuters. Bot times, received complete new hubs, no questions asked. But with hubs, it is more of a mixed blessing. The full rebuild was on me.

Ben
Likes For 79pmooney: