Old 11-03-17, 12:40 PM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Three years ago I purchased a Stradalli that looks identical to the unbranded china bike pictured. From day one I had issues with the seat dropping. I had to drop out of a scratch race once when the seat dropped 5 unexpectedly". I called the company several times about the seatpost issue and was told to clean the seat post with alcohol, use carbon paste, and finally to tighten the two small seat binder bolts to 12-15 N. The guy said "we build those frames like a tank and you can really tighten them without damaging the frame". The last fix broke the collar holding the bolts in place. When I called back the guy said I exceeded the torque for the seat post then said basically that I screwed myself. Well not exactly that way, more like "F*** off, your on your own buddy". I still have the bike and a friend made a aluminum collar to sit on top of the seat tube and clamp to the post. I may still use it as dedicated pursuit bike. I took black tape and covered every Stradalli logo on the bike. now when anyone asks about the tape they get to hear my Stradalli experience.

Since that time I did buy a NOS 2011 Fuji Elite from Performance Bike for $999.00 that fits my needs well.