View Single Post
Old 08-30-21, 01:53 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8281 Post(s)
Liked 9,053 Times in 4,479 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Not so much. Not like with the Circuit or the Supreme. I don't even have a build in mind. More opportunistic. The other thing is I know the Classic is substantially more flexy than the Ultimate I originally pined for, and at 200# I'm kinda borderline.

Basically I have two days to decide and I'm not finding myself having to hold back from hitting "Accept Offer", so I'll most likely let it go. I mean, for cripes sake, I have EIGHT BIKES. I already feel bad for the ones that don't get enough road time. (Probably shouldn't anthropomorphize so much)
I sold two bikes last year. The touring bike I had not ridden in 13 years and the mountain bike I had not ridden in 3 years since I got the new one. When I got the Seven I didn't ride the Gunnar unless the Seven was down. Since I found the crack in the crankarm I am riding the Gunnar again. I could be happy with one road bike but obviously I need a back-up.
The Gunnar also has rack eyelets and a triple so it can carry panniers if need be. If I bought a new road bike now I would try to sell the Seven and keep the Gunnar.
I've given my old bikes away or sold them cheap. The only one I sold for reasonable (for me) money was the Landshark.
Likes For big john: