View Single Post
Old 10-01-21, 08:20 AM
jfouellette

Bikes: 1999 Bike friday NWT, 2009 Bike Friday Tikit, 2023 silverock Dewy, 2008 Dahon Smooth Hound, 2023 Litepro Trifold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 140 Posts
Hi. Here is an update for my search for a mini-bike. First thing I found is that there is only two models available in North-America (I'm in Canada) from two different vendors. There were more available 5-10 years ago. This says something about a market for these bikes here. The big-wheels syndrome maybe? Average size of population? Focus on road use rather than urban situations?

Well I found one at a reasonable price. It's a new old stock (in original box) Fuji Boulevard which should be here in about 2-3 months, just in time for winter...A Christmas gift to myself? I'm sure some people will offer comments about this not being the best buy for a mini-velo but the choices are limited. Japanese retailers rarely offer shipping outside their country and when they do the cost is close to that of the bike. I did find a another chinese retailer which has an interesting mini velo. That was my second choice.

This buying experience does require some level of risk tolerance and patience. You don't get to see or ride the bicycle. Is the seller reliable? Will he ship? What if the product is damaged? etc etc etc. It's important to be able to sleep well at night. If you can't, you'll have to settle with what's available.

Maybe a group buy could be organized or a reliable contact found in Asia to help us in the transactions with local retailers (maybe a member of this forum?) in exchange for a fee.

I'll post pictures when I receive the bike, if I do...

PS: I did get a shipped notification

Last edited by jfouellette; 10-02-21 at 08:10 PM.
Likes For jfouellette: