Old 01-08-22, 10:12 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Yesterday, I took delivery of the Tacx Neo 2 trainer, setup a bike and rode around on Zwift for a couple of miles. I am over my FOMO. I wish there was a vaccine against FOMO.

I did not spend enough time to comment other than it was very cool to feel the hills and the changes in pavement. It felt more difficult to make power per watt but I think that was more about me than the trainer. The flywheel / coasting effect is more than adequate.

Tacx provides feedback for cobbles, bridges, rough road and whatever as well as downhill acceleration which sounded sort of rinky dink but was actually sort of cool. I used my iPad and Zwift found the Tacx immediately and the setup was easy although, if I want to use iPad and send HR data to Zwift, I need a Bluetooth HRM or figure connect a dongle to my iPad for ANT+ capability. Although, I am not that interested in sending Zwift my HR. The other interesting thing about Tacx is that it does not require a plugin but if you do plug it in, then the setup is easier and firmware updates are available. As with most electronic crappola, it shipped with outdated firmware.

My avatar is pretty pathetic and I will have to work on that.

When you guys input weight to Zwift, do you use your morning naked, pre-breakfast weight after a high colonic the night before or fully suited weight with shoes?
Likes For Hermes: