Old 09-30-22, 06:27 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
hmm,, I'm a piker with only 3 bikes each fitting a role, so may not make a 10 list. so many different ways to think about it reynolds, tange, columbus, engilish, french italian

so in no particular order for me
  • A bespoke steel bike outfitted to your preference. Not vintage, but classic inspired
  • A go to bike as you like....mine now is an 85 team miyata
  • Torpado Superlight, with current campy, had a super strada and it rode so well, I am intrigued at how the top end rides. Hit the columbus, Italian, campy, and different checklists
  • Miyata team period correct friction. my 84 team is the best riding bike i have ever had and you have to have a Cino bike. hits the japanese, Miyata tubing and shimano checklists (there is a nice one in the for sale section if you are a 59cm guy...not mine
  • De Rosa my size because there is nothing like De Rosa red, only bike my wife has noticed
  • A hop on and de an errand/go to the brew pub bike. this is bike that can change in an out.....so it is the utility of it and the fun to build. currently a SR Semi pro, 600 arabesque so that hits tange 2 tubing
  • A high end Raleigh from late 70's early 80's Iconic, flexiible, hit's the 531, english checklists
  • A chrome paramount, with campy another Icon
  • have to have one bike at least with tubular tires
  • the surprise bike you don't know you need until karma intercedes and you trip over it

Likes For squirtdad: