View Single Post
Old 01-09-21, 01:33 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
I use the app and love it. It fits my needs well so I purchased the yearly subscription. It's biggest asset is the real world videos. I love cycling in the south of France or Northern Italy. You can also load rides and use the birds eye map view. I loaded a ride that I did in Japan and cycled it from the comfort of my own home. (This was a ride I was suppose to do again this summer but the pandemic put a hold on that).

In real life I am a solo rider and I do the same in the app. You can compete with others but not like Zwift. I personally shut off this option of opponents because I don't want people chasing me down and I don't want to chase them down. At the end of a ride you can view the top ten times and when I see the names, they are mostly European in nature so that is where I think there base is. The design appears to be for those that wanted to ride for basic fitness or for fun vs those who want the biggest and hardest workouts or race. Though, I suspect this is changing with the ownership of Garmin. I already see changes in the app to add more features for hard core cyclists.

Now that winter has come I use the app five times a week and it staves off the boredom of indoor cycling. My wife saw the videos and liked them so now she uses it and she is a casual rider at best. Some rides are just too difficult for both of us but you do have the option of decreasing the size of the hills which is nice. All in all it is a great app and it has made my indoor cycling more enjoyable.