Thread: Spinergy Rev-X
View Single Post
Old 07-11-21, 11:24 PM
Sorcerer

Location: '16 StumpJ, Salsa Mukluk, Soulcycles SS, Dean Colonel HT, BMC FourstrokeTrail, Dean Torres CX, Santana Visa Tandem, Trek T2000 Tandem, Cupertino MTB Tandem, FreeAgent26"Xtracycle, Dirt Drop Dingle, Jamis Dragon Dingle, Airborne Skyhag SS, SSDean Cols
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts
My true experience with these wheels in the 90s scared me and I threw them away. A waste of money for serious riding.

​​​​​Merely pack fodder, I raced at the Downieville Coyote Classic mountain bike race. Best I ever got was 3rd in my age group sport category.

Anyway, after finishing the race and hanging around exhausted I looked at my wheels and the carbon fiber spokes were frayed like polypropylene tarps and each of the spoke blades on both front and rear wheels showed significant damage including delamination and chipping and felt flimsy to my touch.

I was alarmed and stopped riding them. A couple of years later I read about people being hurt fr riding them.

The ride was nice. This was before disc brakes and full suspension. I wouldn't ride them if you paid me.
Likes For Sorcerer: