Old 09-12-21, 12:08 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 1,045 Times in 442 Posts
I did 31 miles this Saturday riding from my house, taking the LA River bike path, looping around the LA Zoo and taking the back fire road up the Griffith Park Observatory. I'm terrible at conserving energy though, because whenever I see other riders in front of me, I'm determined to pass them! I ended up stepping on the gas, riding out of the saddle on the uphill while sprinting on flat sections of the fire road. Also I consider the final uphill road to the observatory as a mid-ride finish, so I always ride fast and hard on that last section into high gear to reach the top. On my way back down, I took Ferndell road, which was good practice for my downhill cornering, cut into Hollywood Blvd., did a few laps around Barnsdall Art Park (there's a small uphill/downhill one way loop, great for laps) and rode Sunset Blvd. all the way to Silver Lake and back across the LA River. When I got close to home, I realized I was just a few miles off the 30 mile mark, so I did a few laps around Highland Park and finished at the 31 mile mark.

On my bike ride that day I witnessed a Jeep crashing into a motorcycle, had a Tesla suddenly turning left in front of me, an SUV backing out of a driveway and a someone swerving right into a parking spot. Gotta love bike lane safety...or not! Came home thirsty and drank a gallon of water and devoured a large burrito! Slept like a baby that night!

I'm also just waiting on one more part on a new bike build, hopefully the part arrives this week so I can take it out for a spin!
Likes For jonathanf2: