View Single Post
Old 06-23-22, 09:02 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,713 Times in 1,034 Posts
It has been a few months since the last post in the thread, but since I’ve come to learn the Michelin Power Road TLR has now been replaced by the Power Cup line, I didn’t figure there was much point in another thread since the tire, and my opinion about it, are pretty much relics of the past. There may be some old stock around, though, so a quick comment may be interest to someone.

As ​​​WhyFi noted upthread, I also found the 25mm Power Road TLR to be less supple than Pro One (either Addix or the previous; I replaced Addix but have old models on another bike still) at the same pressure. The sidewalls, pre-installation, were noticeably stiffer, so that’s probably where that’s coming from.

I’m only two, fair weather rides in (plus scrub-in ride) so cannot comment much on performance or durability, but I do like the tread shaping, in that the cornering seems precise and predictable, It doesn’t have the sure-footed, no nonsence cornering of the Pro One, but the playful quality of the Power Road TLR has been backed up with grip and stability, so I’m growing confident in them.

Though they feel more boxy or stiff the Pro One, they seem to roll just as fast. Examining ride data, similar power over similar roads produces the same speed, but there are lots of other, unaccounted for variables so that’s not saying much, but I’m satisfied at this point.

After a spring full of cuts and punctures to Pro One tubeless, I wanted to try out something new. I’ve been favoring the One line since I went tubeless in ‘13 or ‘14, and it’s definitely still my favorite and benchmark, but these are my first Michelin tubeless and they’re promising alternatives. Based on my very brief Power Road experience, I’m already looking ahead to trying the Power Cups, but opted for the outgoing Power Road this time because I wanted the extra .2mm tread thickness having been shaken by the early season damage. As a strong riding 245lbs-er, I wear through rear tires quickly and expect I’ll be ready for Cups by the end of the summer season.
Likes For chaadster: