Old 09-13-21, 02:00 PM
Johnk3

Bikes: Simoncini, Wilier (2), Cinelli Supercorsa, Cicli Barco XCr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
Good choice with Campy

I just built my "best wish for" bike a year and a half ago. I had the frame custom built to my size and paint scheme out of Columbus XCr stainless steel tubing TIG welded by Cicli Barco in Italy. They did a beautiful job and I pulled out all the stops on details like a custom stainless steel fork with carbon steering tube, direct mount brakes, name badge, Italian shield, and dark nickel head badge. The price delivered was about $3,600 US. The best deal ever. Gianluca Barco is very fluent in English and is very helpful with any details you may desire. Check out their Facebook page to see what they can do with Columbus XCr. Cicli Barco | Facebook

I also bought from Barco the full Campy SR groupset as well as some really nice carbon parts (seat tube, handlebars, stem) made in Italy by WR Compositi who makes carbon parts for Ferrari and Lamborghini. The Campy direct mount brakes are great and not expensive. They never get out of whack or alignment and they open wide enough for a 28mm tire.. I despise disc brakes. The Super Record group is slick and smooth. I also have SR on a Cinelli Supercorsa and love it. I also have a carbon Wilier with Chorus; it works very well but it is not slick like SR. I also have a Wilier Cross frame with Campy Athena triple chainring. It works well but you can feel the difference between that and Chorus.

My Barco is a 58.5 cm frame and weighs 18.7 lbs with pedals. It could have been lighter with light wheels and a lighter saddle.

Custom Barco in stainless XCr.

Direct mount brakes on stainless fork.

Stainless fork with carbon steering tube
Likes For Johnk3: