View Single Post
Old 05-16-21, 09:32 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Well I looked inside Pandora's Box, and now a $100 650b wheelset is on its way, and hopefully followed by a $50 set of Tektro R599's.

My plan is still to build the air plane in the air, to make sure its a keeper, but I will have to decide on whether I go with black brake housing, Or keep with the stock yellow and red motif.

I've got a technical question about the crankset. The bike has a long cage rear derailleur, and what looks like a triple front derailleur. Just eyeballing the the chainring frame clearances, It looks like I can fit a 74bcd 30t chainring with enough clearance off the chainstays.

Bridgestone sold and advertised bikes as doubles but easily up graded to a triple.

What are the chances that the Bottom bracket is sized for a triple chain line? I will pull the bike down and measure the chain line next week to confirm.

Even if its set up with a double chainline, I'm inclined to put a 30T ring as a bailout, even if I can only use the 3 lower gears on the free wheel. Any thoughts? Thanks