View Single Post
Old 08-26-21, 02:39 PM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), Yess World Cup race BMX, Pure Cruiser race BMX, RSD Mayor v3 Fatbike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
If I had suggestions on realism:
-max speed limits downhill and around downhill alpine corners
-max speeds on corners in general

One thing you can never totally get away from on realism is cheats. Weight cheats, power cheats, aero cheats, etc..... Folks will always cheat. You just have to pepper your angus and be fine with that in Zwift land.

The ratio of "Zwift heros" to "real world zeroes" is pretty funny when you show up to real road, cross, crits, time trials or even weeknight worlds. Zwift would have you believe everyone on the planet is 70kg and has a 300w ftp and can break an hour for a 40k TT.
On your suggestions - I don't know how or why downhill, or even corner speed limits would help. It's fun, and spending more time coasting downhill doesn't help anyone, I don't think. There's no 'skill' in the game to differentiate, so i actually prefer letting me keep the power on around the corner - makes it better training as you aren't coasting around corners, you keep pedaling.

I don't know about the 'Zwift heros' thing. I'm (actually, and it's heavier than I've been for most of my adult life) 76kg with an FTP a little under 300 - no idea what that means though, outside of the context of Zwift racing, which I really enjoy. I only road bike solo and ride to work, just picked up Zwift to keep in shape when I lost interest in running. I don't do the real life group road biking because the local club outreach I went with was pretty pretentious, so staying away from them. I race BMX with my kids instead. It's a hoot, and no one really cares whether you have the latest groupset or not. (I was told if I didn't have at least current 105 on my bike I shouldn't bother because I probably couldn't keep up) Not to mention the club charges more than the full year BMX to do a mandatory 'learn to group ride' course before I can even try a ride with them.