Old 09-21-21, 04:54 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,819 Times in 2,978 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
The reality is that if you prefer rim brakes, but am a rider on that team, you'll be riding discs like the rest of the team members. You'll also be talking about how great they are or keeping your mouth shut/not commenting at all when asked. Otherwise, you won't be riding for that team very long. That's the reality. It doesn't really matter what you think unless you're a top rider. If that's the case, you can have an outburst like Cavendish did a few years ago and apologize about it the next day..............then go back to riding what they tell you to ride.
That's only the reality for individual riders who DON'T like disc brakes. Disc brakes certainly didn't happen despite everyone hating them. Engineering (IME) is not as marketing led as some people presume whenever they don't like some change.

I'm certainly not paid to say how great disc brakes are, but I genuinely prefer them to rim brakes. So I wouldn't have to keep my mouth shut if I was a pro. Or are you suggesting that most pro cyclists would prefer to use rim brakes given a free choice? I very much doubt that would be the case at this point in time.

Last edited by PeteHski; 09-21-21 at 05:03 AM.
Likes For PeteHski: