Old 09-21-21, 06:01 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
That's only the reality for individual riders who DON'T like disc brakes. Disc brakes certainly didn't happen despite everyone hating them. Engineering (IME) is not as marketing led as some people presume whenever they don't like some change.

I'm certainly not paid to say how great disc brakes are, but I genuinely prefer them to rim brakes. So I wouldn't have to keep my mouth shut if I was a pro. Or are you suggesting that most pro cyclists would prefer to use rim brakes given a free choice? I very much doubt that would be the case at this point in time.
Who said anything about hating disc brakes? I might prefer discs also. But that's not the point here. The OP started a thread stating that the pros prefer disc brakes because there are no rim brakes in the peloton. There's a chance that could be an accurate statement, but maybe not. The point is that the teams/riders use what their sponsors/partners/endorsers tell them to use, not necessarily what they want to use. The product/item they use might be better, or it might not be.

More important here is that the endorsement did it's job for the OP. He/she took a look at that and decided to start a thread about it. Win win for the new product.

Last edited by seypat; 09-21-21 at 07:32 AM.
Likes For seypat: