View Single Post
Old 10-12-21, 02:38 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked 1,480 Times in 870 Posts
Tire pressure monitoring already exists and is integrated into head units.https://www.sram.com/en/quarq/series/tyrewiz
It's expensive, so hopefully it will come down in price as the tech gets developed more. What I really want is the ability to remotely set my tire pressure. Like, punch in 35psi and the tire valve automatically adds or releases air until it hits that number. This would be an absolute game changer for off-road riding.

ABS? Maybe. Bikes don't have onboard computers to control an ABS system like cars do, so there's some development needed on that front, but with electronic drivetrains becoming more common maybe it's possible to start expanding this to other components and have a central computer that controls it all.

My predictions:
  • Internal hub gearing that is electronically controlled and/or seamless CVT style to maintain specific power output for a given cadence (like ERG mode on a smart trainer, but for riding outside).
  • Integrated lighting becoming standard on all types of bikes, even race bikes - daytime running lights are the norm in 10 years
  • Integrated on-bike storage for tools/flat kits that don't require strapping bags onto seats or frames
Likes For msu2001la: