Old 01-14-21, 07:58 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
Suggestion for Post Feedback

We have a provision to "Like" posts, which is welcome and used often. It seems to me there should be some mechanism to register that a post is "Unhelpful." This is often available on sites that have reviews of products, for example. The feedback would stay with the specific post, not follow the poster. You would not have some members with ten gold stars and others with the steaming pile emoji. In other words, a member would not be "branded" even if they go through a spell of posting stupid. A fresh start with every post. A member was recently sanctioned for posting a pic that provided context for another member's post. Threads go sideways when members disagree. Lots of drama, enforcement subjectivity, etc, etc. A method of safely expressing disagreement would defuse and calm, IMO. The mods could concentrate on spammers. At the simplest, an "Unhelpful" button as counterpart to the "Like." More sophisticated would be a rating scale. I've been a member/stakeholder here for a long time. I've seen situations similar to what we have now unfold time and again. Maybe it would be worthwhile to try something different. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by shelbyfv; 01-14-21 at 08:16 AM. Reason: sp