Old 04-14-21, 05:35 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by first trip
HI when you say torque arm do you mean a specific piece or anyting could do like this ?

when you talk abour shoulder bolt do you mean pass it throught the one eight metal piece and close it with a corresponding bolt?

Do you own a coho? what makes you say that such a head of bold would have the trailer stay put ?
i mean if it is too small it risks (if arm open) of letting the connector disconnect from the head bolt and bang on the tarmac?
tx

The torque arm is manufactured by you with hand tools from a piece of flat stock 1/8" steel from Home Depot or where ever.
Yes you would use a 3/8" x 1/2" shoulder bolt and fasten it with a nut on the opposite side along with some blue loctite.
I do not own a Coho trailer but I do own a trailer that uses a Bob attachment from The Robert Axle Project.. I believe Coho uses the same but I might be wrong.
The clip is not a hose clamp. It too is also manufactured from a thinner piece of flat stock. Look up what the old coaster brake torque arms were fastened with to get an idea. You really should have a torque arm with that motor anyway.
If you are not capable of using simple tools to manufacture something than this is all mute unless you hire it done.
Likes For KPREN: