Old 06-08-21, 07:57 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4332 Post(s)
Liked 3,957 Times in 2,645 Posts
Originally Posted by MtlClimb
I actually took a screenshot from Propel’s video of the Load 60 and circled the part I was trying to mount it to. However, this is only my 2nd post so it still wouldn’t let me upload lol maybe a few more replies.

So it wouldn’t be mounted vertically flat on the bar. It would be mounted with a RAM bar mount to a 6” extender that takes a ball head Quad Lock mount with a vibration dampener. So the phone (in theory) would be diagonally facing me. My issue with the Bosch Nyon is the turn-by-turn is much much slower than Google Maps and I like the dynamic nature of Google Maps on my phone (I can add a stop, remove a stop, get suggestions on faster routes, get notifications of accidents, etc).

My original question of finding the diameter is that the RAM bar mount has different sizes. I think the Large would be my fit (should fit a diameter of 1.25” to 1.5” bar). So hopefully that will work.

I’m looking forward to my Load 60 Rohloff. I got the dual batteries as well but got the basic Intuvia display since these screens get outdated fast anyway and I upgrade my phone every year. Unfortunately you can’t get the smartphone hub with the Rohloff or that would’ve been my option. I have a kid myself but really the Load will be used for my day-to-day errands. Currently I’m getting by with a Tern Vektron which gets packed to the gills when doing groceries, etc. A real beast for a folding bike with 20” wheels!
Post around, get to know people and you will have 10 posts no problem. Really want to confirm because once I know exactly what you need I can measure with some calipers down at the shop.

Ahhh yes, that makes sense, the Smartphone Hub is not e-shift compatible for some dumb reason. I love my Nyon though sure maybe not as good as the great greasy god googles but it works fine for what I need it for so far.

You will have fun on it and Intuvia isn't terrible but not what I want with Rohloff, Kiox, Nyon or no thanks. That is my personal preference though and has no bearing on you but having sold a bunch I am having people wanting to upgrade.