Old 09-09-17, 09:16 AM
Don Buska

Location: Milwaukee-Chicago (Last stop on the North Shore Metra Line)

Bikes: 1975 Fuji 'The Finest', 1975 Fuji Super Road Racer S10-S,1980 SR 10-Speed, 1980 Fuji Newest, 1984 Araya 14-Speed, 1985 Bridgestone 500, 1986 Fuji 'Sekkei Series', 1995 Gary Fisher Kaitai MTB

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
FWIW, I've seen the DC version without the pin and slot. I've also seen DC versions with the slot a red, plastic pin.
It's worth a great deal T-Mar - Thanks. The problem with comparing a limited sampling of either brake is it doesn't take into account manufacturing changes throughout the production life. So I may get an early DC version, but my GC might be a much later version. All the DC's I have here had the pin/slot setup and I do have another NOS set of GC's arriving next week, but that still only accounts for a limited sample of those. Plus the GC's might have been produced near the end of the manufacturing of that particular series, before they really modernized them into the current offerings. Eventually with enough user 'FWIW' posts we will have a true sense of the real difference between the DC and GC versions - the goal

Thanks again, Don