View Single Post
Old 03-26-22, 11:55 AM
Frenzen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug Fattic
Many bike models made do not fit perfectly into one category of "racing" or "touring". It can be helpful if you more precisely describe what kind of riding you want to do. For example there are several ways to go touring including being self contained with tents and cooking gear. This kind of loaded riding requires a frame with heavier tubing or the bicycle will feel to flexy. Some like to do credit card touring staying in motels and eating out but still want to carry changes of clothing and snacks and maybe some camera gear. The kind of frame for this kind of riding doesn't have to be so stout and probably falls under the category of sport touring. And some like a sport touring frame just for day rides because it provides a more comfortable ride with a wider range of gears. Once we know more specifically what kinds of plans you have for your bicycle we can maybe give more precise suggestions.
I plan on riding long distances for 3-4 weeks around 50-100 miles a day and ideally I’ll have tent (ideally under 2 pounds) with a sleeping bag, and I will probably will need basic cooking tools but I’ll have only one weeks of food at a time and have someone send me food and I will pick it up. I’m not sure how I can fit a month of clothes tho, that’s something I’ve not figured out yet.