View Single Post
Old 03-27-24, 04:24 PM
boomer58 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 20 Posts
Hi-Light Bikes

I stopped by my local bike store today to see their new line of bikes that they are considering selling. They have been telling me about a Chinese company that builds Titanium bikes called Hi-Light. They ordered a couple of them to check them out and see the quality of the welds etc. They have a road bike and a gravel bike. These guys are all serious riders and know what they are talking about. They spoke very highly of the road bike, the gravel bike wasn't ready yet. I'm considering one and they invited me back to try them out when I can. I would like to get a Lynskey or a Lightspeed Titanium but the travel up there to check them out adds to the cost. I won't buy one unless I see one in person and see what I am spending my money on plus I really like the local shop and they will be the one servicing the bike plus if there are any warranty issues they are close by. I was against getting a gravel bike as 95% of my riding is road / paved trails. I will be taking a 4-5 month rv trip this summer and I am seeing a lot of the trails I will be on will require a gravel bike. Have any of you ever heard of this brand and if you have, what are your thoughts ? I appreciate your thoughts, boomer.