View Single Post
Old 09-06-21, 07:30 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
Well, it's not me. I simply can't afford it in more ways than one. Besides the obvious, excellent organization is good for my mental health. "Everything in its place..."
I agree with this. I've saved one of those cardboard cylinders that contained some document or photo print; the kind with the press-in plastic caps. It's labeled "Spokes", and I have my spare spokes rubber-banded by type and size and stored in there on my parts shelf. All spokes go into the tube.

I have similarly labeled boxes for categories of parts: derailleurs/shifters, brakes, cranksets/bb, cable housing, pedals, etc.

Now, do I lose things? Occasionally. I recently found a misplaced mini garage door opener that had been part of my commuting bag. It's been lost for 18 months. It was in the bottom zippered cloth bag that had a spare tube, presta extender, co2 cannisters/head, and tire levers. I don't carry that pouch, but must've assembled it for a particular ride. I forgot about it and tossed it into a garage bin where I keep riding glasses. So...
Likes For Phil_gretz: