Old 03-24-20, 09:44 PM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
I rode my Purple Haze 27 miles this afternoon. The first time on a road bike since Feb 15. I have been doing TrainerRoad and doing some gravel rides on my High Sierra along with some rides to the gym on my fake Salsa single speed, so I haven't got too out of shape. I also felt fast while I was going South since I had a 12-15 mph tail wind but my speed went downhill fast when I headed back North. Oh well I felt like a bad a$$ for a little while.

I was supposed to work this week but I didn't feel safe at work anymore so I bailed and took some vacation time. Next Monday is my last scheduled day to work and I will be officially retired. Its sort of a bummer, I was slated for a retirement dinner for our whole department and I was going to savor marking my last days in Air Force Plant #4 off the calendar. Now I get to worry about my friends and coworkers who are required to work in what I feel are unsafe conditions.