Old 10-21-20, 05:48 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,643 Times in 2,922 Posts
Had some nice county highways with light traffic about 15 years ago. Now there is more building out in the sticks, much more traffic and many more double dump/gravel trucks, cement trucks and general big ones. They typically go 55/60MPH which gets a bit unnerving when there isn’t more than a 3’ shoulder and they can’t, or won’t, move over. This is especially true when hemmed in by a guard rail and there is no where to go. An occasional dump truck is fine but one every 3-4 minutes on a 30 minute stretch gets old. I know, ride faster!

About two years ago my left ear was almost brushed by a large box truck’s mirror on the same highway. I now avoid it as much as possible except for short stretches where I can’t. It’s a shame because it’s nearly flat and straight and a real time saver and all the alternate routes take me way out of my way.

Used to ride downtown Seattle at rush hour. It was always exhilarating trying to keep up with traffic on multi lane streets while not getting crushed. Really improved my sprinting.