View Single Post
Old 05-18-22, 04:14 AM
Dany6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cross chaining problem?

Hey guy hopefully someone will help me out with this...
So i get cross chaining even though i'm not cross chaining lol,what i mean by that is...
My chain gets kinda bent/cross chained when i'm on the smallest cog on the front and on any of 1-5 cogs (i mean from lower to highest gear/biggest to smallest cog) on the cassette,and from my pov when i'm on the bike,the chain kinda looks ok (doesn't looks cross chained) even if i'm riding smallest on front and 2nd or 3rd smallest cog in the rear....So yeah,so far i haven't used any of the 5 easiest/biggest cogs yet,which means haven't been on any of the "stronger" hills which sucks....I'm paranoid that if i do start riding on those cogs,i'd accelerate chain wear and probably cog teeths which might be true....
Here's about 20 pics which i think would be enough to see what i mean...
And what do you guys think what's the issue,why i do i get cross chaining even when i'm not doing it....

I ride 2x9,and btw my previous cassette ratio was 13-26,and the current one is 12-23,and with the previous cassette i had a longer rear derailleur cage and the service guy told me that i have to switch to shorter cage now which i did,replaced it to a shorter one....But when i had the previous 13-26 cassette and longer rear cage,i had no problem with this odd cross chaining,i could ride on the smallest on the front,and more of the larger ones on the rear (from 2nd largest to maybe 3rd or 4th smallest) and the chain wouldn't get bent,maybe it'd get just a little tiny tiny bit bendy when i'd ride on the 2nd biggest on the rear,but it would get bendy if i was riding on the biggest one tho....
Hopefully i explained everything well and hopefully i didn't messed something up with explaining gears heh.
And one thing that's bothering me is if they knew about this in the service shop,why wouldn't they just told me about it....