Old 06-23-22, 05:44 AM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 1,083 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2
My favorite type of climbs are hitting those final uphill segment sprints while everyone is spinning their low gears. I'm probably not going full weight weenie, but I was thinking I could probably cut a few more grams going to a dedicated lightweight road frame as opposed to using my bulkier gravel frame as a road bike. I doubt I'll have the funds to go down to 13 lbs., but I was thinking going down to the 16 lbs. range might be doable. I also live in a hilly area which requires me to climb in every direction I ride. Even when I'm in the gym, I warm up on the cycle machine just to practice my out of saddle riding. All I think about are hills!
if you are discussing dropping down to 13 lbs (!) - you *are* going full weight weenie lol

back in the early 90's full weight weenie barely got you to 18 lbs or so (!) ... carbon frame, ti bb spindle, ti cogs, 15/16 butted spokes w/alloy nipples, ti post, flite saddle