View Single Post
Old 01-30-23, 08:59 PM
Steve Lai
CycleofLife

Bikes: Giant TCR Adv Pro, Caad2, 8, 12 and 13, Giant Revolt, Yasujiro Svelte and Dahon foldie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sean.hwy
Aetho's is a pretty bike. If I ever sell my Ibis MX. I want to buy a crux. Since I don't ride my bike's naked ( I mean the bike with no bags, tools, co2, pump, inner tubes etc... ) and I don't have a SAG following I am going to buy the non S-works model. Before I spend 2k more to save 100 grams I either need to ride the bike naked or least spend more money on every thing I carry on the bike to make sure it's the lightest, bag, tools, inner tube, shoes, food etc.. I am sure I could save 400 grams cheaper if I optimized what I carry on my bike.
I suspect (but don't know for sure) if it is just weight diff. FACT 12r could hv a very diff modulus/tensile quality to FACT10r. If so, not only the weight is diff, the stiffness/flex and overall strength/durability could be improved.

Fact12r could hv pushed the price up...but not by so much? Could be more a mktg ploy to create a "snob" quality....beyond yr reach kind of bike...priced for desirability! Haha
Likes For Steve Lai: