View Single Post
Old 11-28-21, 07:49 AM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts
Wow….. lots of good info and opinions here, thank you ! The one aspect of this endeavor that I’m not too rattled by is staying awake for 24hrs. Not saying it will be easy but it doesn’t scare me. I’ve done other 24hr endurance events in the past that prove I can do it, just need to optimize everything else involved.

I drove out what I believe will be an ideal route not far from my home. It’s a 62 mile loop with 24hr grocery stores at both ends, perfectly flat and mostly on remote roads that see little traffic and are arrow straight with great visibility for any drivers coming at me.

My wife insists on crewing for me as she hates the idea of me doing this solo and being a nurse doesn’t hurt either. Due to the less than perfect surface conditions, I’m going to ride my Orbea Terra gravel bike with 32c GP5000’s, a shock stem and a Selle Anatomica saddle. This bike has proven itself very comfortable to me and while not as quick as some of my other bikes, I think the comfort will prove more important long term.
Likes For Tomm Willians: