Old 05-05-17, 09:36 PM
Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
First stage of the Tour de Bloom in wenatchee. A (supposed) 55 mile loop. Down Highway two and climb back up to town.

Felt really good sitting in the group. It's really nice to be in a pack that my fitness is up to racing with. 2 dudes went up the road about about mile 45. Plan for me was to attack when they got brought back, hoping to be at about mile 52 or so. Saw it getting close and was working on making my way to the front, closing down these weird splits in the field. Come around a corner to a cop standing on the corner saying we are at 1k to go. Garmin says 51 miles. ****. Split had just opened in front of me and plan was to let it all work itself back together without going too deep. Now, with 1k to go instead of 4 miles to go that gap accelerates up the road and suddenly I'm stuck on the wrong side of the front group. Steady stated it up the final climb, finishing ~40 seconds off the leader.

Tomorrow starts with an uphill mass start hill climb about 4 miles long, shoudl tkae ~20 minutes. I'm planning on using it as an FTP test as I haven't done one in quite a while. I also know that I'll probably race better trying to be steady state than accelerating and chasing moves. First mile are real steep, last mile is much more flat. Then the crit is in the evening