View Single Post
Old 05-06-17, 04:54 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Myles Standish, Cat 3 and P123. It's nice to get back out, and overall my fitness is better than expected, but it's all low-end diesel right now. I was able to follow just fine in the Cat 3 race, almost missed the start of the P123 and sprinted on to the back of the group, and that was apparently the end of my ability to go over threshold for the day. So when the attacks started maybe 5 minutes in, I found myself getting gapped. I felt fine, just couldn't make bike go fast. So I chased various fellow droppees for a couple laps and packed it in.

I'm still getting the hang of handling the CAAD10. Not wild about the longer front end. I think I need to move my saddle forward a few mm. Might help a bit, and also might help the knee/IT band issues I've been having for the last couple weeks. So it's... interesting racing a bike you aren't fully comfortable on yet in the rain. I am steadily getting the feel for it and generally I'm now fine in the corners, but there are a few things that still surprise and bug me a bit about it.