View Single Post
Old 05-07-17, 11:39 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mattm
Golden State Circuit p/1/2/3 - WON FROM THE BREAK!!

I was just telling @Ygduf I thought my winning days might be over.. after crashing last month, getting 2nd a few weeks ago, then dropped last weekend it's been rough. But not anymore.

The Move went with about 45 minutes to go in the 75 minute race. Four guys were about 10" up the road - no big names, but strong enough that I hoped they'd work together. Bridged up solo (that hurt!), one guy dropped off, and eventually the four of us got a 1' gap on the field of 64.

There were a few times I felt like I was gonna get dropped, and even tasted puke (never done that before) but towards the end felt better. We played some cat n mouse games in the last 2k, and came in to the last 500m at about 22 mph. I opened up the sprint and held it to the line!

I did probably my best post-up ever, I really hope someone got a picture of it.. I had a Go Pro but it hasn't been working so no video, which sucks but I'll take it.
Watched the last few laps after doing some post 35+ 123 riding. Impressive win and strong sprint for having been in that break for so long. Baker is no slouch and a decent racer to beat out of a 4 man break. I'd have guessed Baker or Reed would have attacked your break with 1-2 to go with the gap getting up to a minute.

I raced the 35+ 123. We were down a few from yesterday and failed to move our omnium rider to first from second. Missed the break and that killed it for us.