Old 11-24-14, 11:04 PM
Jaz123

Bikes: '09 Specialized Ruby Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadGuy
Go back and get your 10-speed cassette back AND get your money back.

Should you use them again?

Hmm, let's see...

They misdiagnosed the problem, sold you a part you don't need, charged you to screw up your bike, and you gave them a perfectly good part that you could have sold for at least $25-$30, under the misconception that they cured a problem that did not exist.

No, don't go there again. I don't care if their nice to you. That's no reason to patronize the shop. They are incompetent, and unworthy of your business. Find another shop where the employees are respectful, friendly, AND competent. If a guy walked up to you, stuck a *** in your face, and asked you nicely for all your money, would you empty your wallet for him, then volunteer to go to the ATM and get him more?
I did get the cassette back today so that's all set.

As to making the shop sound like they conned me, I wouldn't go that far. To be fair, the mechanic was a college student so it wasn't like someone with 30 yrs of experience misdiagnosing the most obvious thing. I think some of you will tell me I shouldn't have let him touch the bike so I'll make sure another mechanic works on my bike, probably someone with more experience. Also they didn't try selling me a new cassette but found one with little wear for a low price.

I'm the type of person that likes to give people second chances to redeem themselves. To base the whole shop on this experience, I wouldn't do that but all said, onward to search for the perfect LBS.

But wow what an experience for my first road bike. I thought it would be an easy peasy bike fitting until my brother noticed some noises in the gears and then everything unfolded...ah the joys of being a newbie.

Last edited by Jaz123; 11-24-14 at 11:07 PM.