Old 11-25-14, 09:29 AM
Jaz123

Bikes: '09 Specialized Ruby Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadGuy
Just because you're young, is not an excuse for incompetence. Skill and experience do not solely belong to older guys. There are plenty of young talented mechanics. If the guy was not competent to do the work, he should not have been working unsupervised.

Quality is a Management Decision. Show the Management of the shop how you feel by taking your business elsewhere. Talk to the Management at the shop, and tell them why you are unhappy and taking your business elsewhere. That will get their attention, and they will either make changes to the quality of the work that they put out, or ignore you. If they ignore you, that's sign that they don't want your business. Go elsewhere with a clear conscience.

So tell us... What did the shop do to earn your loyalty when you went back? You already said that you got your 10-speed cassette back. Did you install it for you and refund your money for the 9-speed cassette? Did they apologize while reinstalling the 10-speed cassette, and adjust the derailleurs correctly so the bike would shift properly on all 10-speeds this time? Did they give all your money back, apologize and fix the bike for free? Free donuts? What?
I only went back only to get the cassettes but don't be too hasty saying they've earned my loyalty back. I'm not going to let them work on my bike if there's major problems but if it's like a tubing issue or something, I'll probably bring it to them since they're the closest shop. After talking briefly with the owner when asking for the cassettes, he didn't appear concerned I had a mismatched set up and only asked if I had any problems rather than offering to reverse what was done. That aspect made me a little uncomfortable.

I plan to get my bike fixed at another shop who has done some flat repairs on my old mountain bike when I was in school and make sure it's done correctly.

If they offered donuts and free messages every time I came in, that would be really nice.

This whole time you must be thinking "what is wrong with this person?"