Old 06-24-21, 07:35 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by Canacol
Hello everyone new member here,

Since March I started to get ready to ride a bike again, it was a hard decision because I am 380lbs and never thought a bike could hold my heavy weight. Thanks to all of you I learned it was possible and with the help of an amazing LBS here in Ontario I was able to modify my 2009 Giant Cypress R and got a new custom rear wheel and new cassette in order to change from freewheel to freehub.

In the last couple of days I being riding very carefully my bike on paved and very well maintain gravel trails the bike is (thanks God) holding up very good.

Only part I believe is going to fail on me very soon are the pedals ( originals plastic ones) so I wondering if you guys can recommend me a good set of flat/plataform pedals that can hold my heavy weight, not sure if is important but my size is 11.5 but my feet are wide. Thanks in advance.

Ps.I am very grateful with all of you because I read all the threads of the last 5 pages of the clydesdale/Athenas forum and I learned A LOT like for example I got a pair of 6XL Aereo Tech design padded shorts and they fit amazing! But I did not find any information about pedals apologies If I missed the thread on this subject and was already being discussed.
​​​​
I broke(within 3 months) two of the following pedals on the drive side :

Shimano Deore XT PD-M8140 Enduro / Trail Flat Pedal

https://www.bike24.com/p2324379.html...1868,1937,1938

So after destroying two supposed tough pedals, I decided to stop mucking around and bought these bad boys, where they claim the weight limit is 800lbs, and after 2 years, they are still going strong.

Speedplay Drillium Platform Pedals

https://www.bikebling.com/Speedplay-...y-drillium.htm

The Speedplay Drillium pedals are excellent and easily the best platform pedals I have ever used.

Likes For ColonelSanders: