Old 10-19-21, 01:04 PM
Inisfallen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Lostin76
Pedestrians here get hit by cars, not so much eBikes or bikes. There are a LOT of eBikes on the streets though as so many people insist on having their meals delivered to them instead of going to get them or cooking at home. Yes, some people have to have deliveries, but the number of people in our building who order multiple meals delivered each day is astounding.

The original article that I-Like-to-Bike linked to really opened my eyes on the delivery bikers here. Really, really tough job and no one has their backs.
We have indeed become a city of people who are incapable of feeding themselves. And thus the proliferation of delivery riders on ebikes.

And, while I have the utmost sympathy for these riders trying to scratch out a living, it's out of control. It's dangerous. I ride my bike from midtown-west Manhattan to my home in Brooklyn just about every night. At around 11:30, so I'm always riding in the dark. And every night, every single night, no exceptions, I get startled by delivery riders coming at me fast, in the dark, quite often without lights, going the wrong way in the bike paths. It's a problem.
Likes For Inisfallen: