View Single Post
Old 05-24-21, 12:32 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1609 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
I am really confused. Probably a good thing I don't build frames!
I purchased the Park frame alignment tool. With the small number of bikes I am thinking it might be of some value. Now I don't know!

Using the gauge, it indicates that the triangle is actually skewed toward the NDS by about 2 mm or less.
I used this tool for the dishing exercise. I have checked it multiple times on multiple wheels.

I made user the blocks on the end were touching the same radial spot on both sides of the rim. The rim runs true in the truing stand with very small, <.5 mm, lateral variation.

Found two places to take the frame. One in Richmond and the other in Baltimore. Richmond is closer so I may take it there when I decide to take it apart.

Just thought of another measurement to take. Check the brake bridge! May have to use the DT and ST for the reference.

I did check the main tubes for straightness and they did not show any deviation from being straight, both top/bottom and the sides.

The only other open question is how to measure the stays? Of course the axle center is one end. What is the other?