Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 07-25-22, 10:06 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2496 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
So I read every post and part of the problem is the lack of specific terminology (if not pictures) in the o.p. but some of the respondents have overlooked the o.p. stating that the current derailleur issues did not exist before the flat tire. I would be all over that factoid. I don't know about the newest axle technolgies but even vertical dropouts allow crooked installation of a wheel. I don't believe the o.p. said the chain is actually coming OFF the active chainring during its oscillations but that seems to be the conclusion of at least two respondents. I hat e to say 'I told you so' but I was skeptical about the Trident for what you needed and now you want to consider a drivetrain upgrade that will cost more than your entire trike (without e-assist). Even the Efneo. I don't know how much they are, but I doubt they are priced like square taper triple cranks. Don't do it. You'd never be able to sell it for what you invested. A Sturmey-Archer CS-RF3 (RK3 if disc) does exactly what the IGH cranksets do and retail under $100. You'll need to get it built into your rear rim and it probably will need new spokes.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 07-25-22 at 10:23 PM.