View Single Post
Old 01-12-24, 04:23 PM
Shortwave

Bikes: 2024 Specialized Diverge E5, 2020 Giant Stance 2, Trek Domane 2 Fixed Gear FTW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundra_Man
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1809:

We got an unpredicted inch of snow yesterday afternoon. That puts our total snow since Monday at 12". It's supposed to start snowing again later today, with estimates for this storm being as high as 10". I'm not Norwegian, but "Uff Da!"

This morning the temp was right at zero. Thankfully that is Fahrenheit and not Kelvin. High today is supposed to top out around 8ºF, then temps are going to plummet below zero and not rise back into the positives until late next week. South Dakota summers are gorgeous, but our winter is the price you pay to get those beautiful days.

Had an 8 mph headwind as I rode in to work, which put the wind chill at -14ºF. I rode slow, due to a combination of the wind, the fat bike, the inch of unplowed snow and my excessive weight.
With temps like these, are you the only bike commuter out there, or do you pass others?

Also, you should post a pick of what you wear during these winter commutes. As a Louisianan, I have no idea what I'd wear on a freezing commute.

Love your videos and updates!

-Matt