Old 08-07-22, 11:25 PM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1301 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4692 Post(s)
Liked 5,839 Times in 2,298 Posts
Back home after a great time with 7 good friends. It got hot every afternoon, we adapted and rode early, typically ending our riding day around 1. Since the daily riding mileage was under 60 miles and less than 1,000 ft of climbing we weren't too stressed.

Here's the tour as I saw it in pictures.

Day 1

My Ritchey Breakaway with a big Swift handlebar bag on a custom rack and decaleur, medium Acorn bag was plenty of capacity for a summer credit card tour

@aggiegrads lives 20 miles from our starting point, so he drove over and parked his bicycle transport vehicle at my place. We rode together to get on Trimet (local light rail) to get us to the starting point of our ride in Hillsboro, avoiding many miles of suburban junk miles.

We met up with @Andy_K, @squire Black and Ben on the Trimet

Bob Freeman and Bill Wayne met up with us around mile 30 the first day. With a light tailwind all day we made great time. Bob and Bill are both in their early 70s. Bob won all of the KOM points, every time there was a decent rise of enough distance he sprinted past all of us. Bill is more of a locomotive, every time he got to the front the pace would pick up.

Day 1 stats

I need to upload some more pix tomorrow, but it's getting late and a good night's sleep in my own bed is in order.

Last edited by gugie; 08-08-22 at 07:11 AM.